Leonardo Cavalli, Testimonial of Italian Design Days 2020
5th November 2020
As Brand Ambassador for the 2020 Italian Design Day in Bangkok, One Works Managing Partner, Leonardo Cavalli, will be giving a keynote lecture titled “Public and Private Spaces in Sustainable Urban Planning 2.0”. In line with this year’s overall theme of "Designing the future. Development, innovation, sustainability and beauty”, Leonardo will then moderate a panel discussion with key representatives from across Thailand and Myanmar, including;
- Assoc. Prof. Panit Pujinda (Ph.D) - President of Thai City Planners Association (TCPA) and Head of the Department of Urban and Regional Planning, Faculty of Architecture, Chulalongkorn University
- Adj. Prof. Marie-Louise Raue, International Program in Design and Architecture (INDA), Faculty of Architecture, Chulalongkorn University
- U Win Htein Lin - Urban Development & Urban Transport Consultant
- Ms. Tessa G. Morton - Senior Manager - Capital Project & Infrastructure of PwC Myanmar
- Ms. Graziella Roccella, Chief Research and Product Design Officer of Planet Smart City
Leonardo Cavalli’s lecture will focus on how smart cities and urban development pose a very relevant question to architects: the role of time.
As technology, people’s behavior and aspirations change at a fast pace, the urban fabric is due to survive across many generations. It becomes part of our shared collective memory. Leveraging on the existing to build a suitable and sustainable future is our scope. But the very meaning of our work is to build better places for people, the common ground where communities identify with. Our social responsibility.
Balancing long-term values embedded in our cities with our changing needs and aspirations is our challenge.
The online conference is organized by the Italian Embassy in Bangkok and the Italian Embassy in Yangon, together with the ICE agency in Bangkok. The web - conference will be held on Friday 6 November at 10 am (CET).
The meeting - with simultaneous translation into Thai and Burmese - will offer the opportunity to discuss the issues of sustainability and urban development, innovation and beauty.